Senior Full-Stack Engineer (all genders)
About the Job
Studydrive is Europe’s leading student platform! With more than 2 million registered students, we are transforming the education market. For our users, we are an integral part of their daily lives, as they find direct access to their fellow students, helpful learning materials and all the answers to their most important questions about their studies.
At the same time, we offer our corporate customers unique access to the largest pool of young talent in Europe. We are an indispensable partner in recruiting and employer branding of junior staff and are constantly developing new formats for attracting young talents with the most renowned companies in Germany.
We started as a start-up in 2013 and have been part of the successful and international StepStone and Axel Springer Group since 2019.
As Senior Full-Stack Engineer you will become a central and important part of our further success story and the Studydrive team in Berlin-Neukölln.
These are your tasks
- Develop the Studydrive platform for web, both on front- and back-end, transforming it into a microservice oriented architecture
- Work with your team in the context of specific business/tech domains (such as Platform, B2B, Community Spaces, Gamification and more)
- Collaborate with designers, CTO and Head of Product to develop new features and continuously improve the code base
- Mentor less experienced team members
- Proactively bring in your own ideas and potential improvements, while learning and introducing new technologies to improve our tech stack
- Kill bugs, monitor the platform performance and maintain the underlying infrastructure
- Keep software quality in check via automated front- and back-end testing
- Shape internal coding standards
- Create technical documentation
What you are throwing in
- You have solid knowledge in Laravel and Vue.js frameworks (or similar), as these are our main technologies
- In addition, you bring in knowledge of the following: AWS, Elasticsearch engine, RESTful API. Knowledge of Docker is a plus.
- You have strong knowledge in the field of design patterns and best practices linked to software engineering
- You are experienced in writing clear, concise and comprehensive code
- Ideally you have hands-on experience with automated testing
- You have worked with Git and know all the cool commands
- You are familiar with the Scrum framework
- You are fluent in English
This is what we offer you
- Awaiting you is a full-time employment position with an unlimited contract
- You get 30 vacation days per year
- Flexible working hours and home-office opportunities. Besides that: no extra hours or working on weekends
- We’ll support your professional growth with a budget for conferences, books, courses, or however you see fit + 4 study-days a year to make time for your self-improvement
- To help you with your expenses, you get a starting budget of €50 a month for a category of your choice: Vouchers, Transportation, Internet or Lunch. Additionally, we offer corporate benefits for a huge range of online shops.
- Don’t speak German? Totally fine, as our company language is English. And in case you decide to improve your language skills, we offer free German classes as well
- Want to remember what an office looks like from the inside? You are welcome to work in our unique office in the historic "Alte Post" in Berlin-Neukölln, where we offer drinks, snacks, cozy sofas, a huge kitchen and a very nice rooftop, perfect for after work BBQs
Studydrive offers students a platform for the digital exchange of study materials and enables them free access to thousands of documents like summaries, lecture notes or exam questions across different generations and universities. Students from hundreds of universities benefit from the collective knowledge of their courses and can access Studydrive from any device. They can easily follow up on their lectures and are better prepared for exams by using top-students lecture notes, summaries and exam questions as well as using the Q&A to get all their questions answered. In that way students have more time for things that really matter: Digging deeper into their topics, creating a network and following their passions.