- Contribute to the continuous development and improvement of one of our keystone games
- Be part of the whole feature development lifecycle with a commitment to quality results
- Develop and optimize the PHP backend to implement solid, tested game logic
- Collaborate with Game Designers and Artists to realize most suitable UIs for browser and mobile app
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a comparable education
- Several years of experience with PHP and OOP
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases and writing efficient queries that scale with many thousands of users
- Working experience with MVC frameworks
- Well-versed in design patterns, software architecture, and unit testing
- Team player and a good communicator with fluent English language skills
- Solution-oriented and efficient style of work
- A proactive and motivated individual with a willingness to learn
- Passion for online strategy games and knowledge of relevant game mechanics
Why join us?
- You’ll work in a multicultural agile team – enabling you and your team to form and actively optimize work processes
- We actively support personal development, pay for any necessary textbooks as well as sending you to Developer conferences
- You can set up your workspace as you wish: Mac, Linux or Windows, two or more monitors, a free choice of IDE as well as other software
- We provide you with a mobile device (e.g. iPhone or iPad) for private use
- You can take creative breaks: play table tennis with your team, play on our arcade machines, work out in our gym or simply go to our roof terrace to get some fresh air
- We contribute to your public transport ticket and subsidize contributions to the company pension plan
- We offer free drinks and fresh fruit to contribute to your health and wellbeing
- We have regular team events (e.g. curling, cooking, paintball), barbecue together on our rooftop terrace and a company-organized after work get together every Thursday
- We offer trust-based working times in a modern office in the center of Hamburg
- Our company language is English, and we support all our employees and their partners with optional German lessons
- We help you relocate to Hamburg
- We have fun at work!
Excited to start your journey with InnoGames and join our dynamic team as a Software Developer? We look forward to receiving your application (cover letter, CV, and references) as well as your salary expectations and earliest possible start date through our online application form. Maximilian Kaeding would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
InnoGames is Germany’s leading developer and publisher of mobile and online games. The company based in Hamburg is best known for Forge of Empires, Elvenar and Tribal Wars. InnoGames’ first mobile title Warlords of Aternum is a fantasy turn-based strategy game. InnoGames’ complete portfolio encompasses seven live games and several mobile titles in production.
Born as a hobby, InnoGames today has a team of 400 employees from more than 30 nations who share the passion of creating unique games that players across the globe enjoy for years. In order to further expand our success and to realize new projects, we are constantly looking for young talents, experienced professionals, and creative thinkers.