We are a creative, european company with locations in the centres of London and Berlin. DYH produces and market designer furniture and lifestyle products under several own brands in high and medium market segments.
If you are excited about helping to take our company to the next level and you are
passionate about working in an ambitious startup, then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an pragmatic, enthusiastic and proactive PHP Software Developer who has a strong understanding of the internet, can work under quick deadlines in an agile environment, enjoys making things scale, and has a passion for learning new information.
Our growing team of fulltime developers, each of whom is specialised in some way but also an allrounder is waiting for you to join.
As a small company, there is no unnecessary hierarchy or bureaucracy, and instead you’ll work directly alongside the Product Manager in interdisciplinary teams.
Your main responsibility will be helping with the implementation of new website features for our Magento based online shops, as well as a few other projects. Working also on ongoing improvements to our Magento platform with focus on the backend.
From time to time you will need to be able to work on the frontend too.
This is a contract-to-hire full-time position aimed at candidates interested in living in Berlin.
The primary tasks for this position will include:
- Working on existing and creating new Magento extensions
- Reviewing and producing code to optimize the performance and stability of our platform
- Early detection of technical errors and responsibility for the stability of our applications
- Working on REST APIs and / or use them
- At least 5 years of practical experience as a PHP Web Developer
- Fluent in PHP 5, MySQL, Zend Framework, Magento (CE)
- Very good knowledge of Magento (Community Edition)
- Ability to write clean performant code for other developers to read – not for the PHP interpreter
- Experience in software design techniques, Test-Driven Development and distributed architectures
- Extensive knowledge in a software development team using version management tools (eg. git, SVN oa)
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people
- Practical experience in the application of quality assurance measures (eg. unit and integration tests, code Documentation, code review, etc.)
- Flexibility, resilience and teamwork skills
- Motivation – the team is growing and everyone enjoys what they are doing
- Good knowledge of English is a Must